For those of you who are just getting to know us, Volunteer NH is a nonprofit organization with a mission to promote the tradition of service in New Hampshire. Building on that strong volunteer spirit, we support and sponsor national service initiatives and provide training, recognition, and a central site for volunteers and volunteer programs to help them strengthen their communities.
Some of our activities include:
- Organizing and hosting the annual Governor’s Conference on Volunteerism
- Providing information and resources to volunteers and volunteer programs through our website
- Administering AmeriCorps programs in New Hampshire
- Offering education and training for New Hampshire nonprofit, state agency and business volunteer initiatives.
- Providing volunteer recognition through the Spirit of New Hampshire Awards Ceremony
- Coordinating the State Emergency Operations Plan Emergency Support Annex, Volunteer & Donations, during disasters and emergencies through the NH VOAD and Citizen Corps programs
- Identifying the most critical needs of New Hampshire Citizens with our three-year Unified State Service Plan (To read the 2016-2019 State Service Plan Click here)