This award was created by former Governor John Sununu to honor volunteer administrators and salute their excellence in leadership and management of volunteers in New Hampshire.
- The nominee must have worked at least two years as a manager (paid or unpaid) of volunteers.
- The nominee must demonstrate excellence in program management, exhibit initiative in developing available resources, and be directly responsible for the development and management of a volunteer program at the local and/or state level. (Past recipients will not be considered.)
One Nomination Statement (not to exceed 500 words) must be accompanied by two letters of testimony (not to exceed 750 words).
Materials will not be returned.
What Your Nomination Statement Should Include:
- Nominations will be scored based on the NHAVA (NH Association of Volunteer Administrators) Volunteer Manager Competencies. It is HIGHLY recommended you read these before submitting your nomination.
- A summary of the volunteer program or activity that the nominee directs, including the number of volunteers and staff supervised and the impact of the program.
- A brief description of how the nominee has achieved excellence and creativity in carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Program Planning and Organization: Include development of the volunteer program, structure, procedures, program design, and utilization of resources.
- Staffing and Directing: Include recruitment, training, and motivation and recognition of volunteers and staff.
- A brief description of the nominee’s professional accomplishments, community involvement, awards and honors.
Letters of testimony should follow similar guidelines.
2017 Nominations forms due Monday, April 9, 2018.
For more information, contact Emily at 603-271-7204 or email@example.com.
It is recommended that you save your nomination on a Word document, in case of a system glitch.
Once you submit a nomination, a Volunteer NH staff person should get in touch with you within 24 hours. If you do not receive an email from a Volunteer NH staff person within that time, please follow up by emailing or calling the contact provided.