Volunteer NH is seeking pro bono session presenters for the 2023 Governor’s Conference on Volunteerism.
Submit up to three session proposals by Tuesday, February 21, at 12 PM (noon)
The Governor’s Conference on Volunteerism aims to provide professional development that will support and strengthen New Hampshire’s volunteer programs and organizations. Attendees include nonprofit leaders and employees (especially volunteer managers), volunteers (including members of a nonprofit Board of Directors), those affiliated with AmeriCorps & AmeriCorps Seniors programs (staff, members, and volunteers), and business professionals interested in corporate social responsibility (CSR).
The exact conference date(s) are TBD but likely to be May 23-25 or early June, 2023.
Due to the desire for in-person events and the success of our virtual sessions, we expect this year’s conference to be a hybrid event with some sessions offered at a conference venue and others offered online. Potential presenters will be able to indicate their preferences in the proposal form.
Tips for potential presenters:
- Our attendees often report that the intermediate/advanced content is what they find most valuable
- We welcome series of related sessions structured either as:
- A learning track for individuals to dive deep into the content over the course of 2-3 sessions; or
- Beginner/intermediate/advanced versions of the same content
- The best sessions tend to combine a variety of elements such as case studies, small group discussions, Q&A opportunities, and/or worksheets
- All live* sessions will be 75 minutes long
- Live, in-person sessions will be hosted at a conference venue (location TDB in the coming weeks)
- Live, virtual sessions will be hosted via Zoom. Sessions will be recorded and shared on the Volunteer NH website after the conference unless otherwise discussed
- In order to keep costs low for attendees, all sessions will be pro bono unless otherwise agreed on
*There is also the potential for incorporating shorter (usually 15-30 minute), pre-recorded sessions as we have been doing since 2021. These sessions are filmed by the presenter in their own time and made available on the Volunteer NH website before, during, and after the conference.
Submit up to 3 proposals by 2/21