Presented by Maura McGowan, Program Director, NH Teen Institute.
- Abby Forrence (Youth Representative)
- Monica Gallant (Adult Representative)
This session will dive into the benefits of youth involvement in schools, organizations, and communities. We will discuss how to engage youth and make sure their voices are heard, and explore the difference between meaningful and “token” opportunities for involvement.
- Understand why youth voices matter
- Identify strategies for engaging youth
- Identify what meaningful youth engagement looks like
Maura McGowan, CPS Is the Program Director of the NH Teen Institute, a non-profit agency whose mission is to empower youth through personal leadership development and community engagement. Maura has worked in the field of prevention since 2002 and in 2017, Maura became the Program Director for the agency. She is in charge of youth programming and volunteer engagement. Maura believes strongly in prevention and works to increase her own knowledge and skills while educating others.