Make a Donation
- Nominations that do not meet the guidelines will not be considered for recognition.
- Volunteer service must have been performed within the last 12 months.
- Nominee may be self-nominated.
- Nominators may submit as many unique nominations as desired.
- Volunteer service must be performed outside the context of the nominee’s paid employment. (Exceptions: Program Champion Award Nominees; National Service Participants; Work-Place Volunteer Programs; Internships; and Service Completed for Course Credit.)
- Nominations should be legible and should clearly describe why your nominee deserves to be recognized at the Spirit of New Hampshire Awards.
- Important: Information contained in your nomination submission may be used for event publications and may be released to the media and/or elected officials.
Next Steps for Nominators/Award Recipients
- An appointed review panel of community leaders and volunteers will thoroughly take each nomination into consideration for Service Awards.
- Nominators will be notified via email of successful nomination submissions. If nominators do not have access to email, please be sure to include the best phone number to reach you.
- Nominators will be sent Photograph Guidelines via email to submit on behalf of Service Award Recipients.
Award Program Overview
Service Award Descriptions
The Spirit of New Hampshire Award is presented to one special nominee whose service goes above and beyond the call of duty. This person/group demonstrates extraordinary volunteerism and contribution to their community and its citizens. One person/group will be chosen from all Volunteer Service Award nominations received.
Outstanding Service & Champion Awards are presented to one recipient in each Award Category. These awards highlight volunteers and champions that truly exemplify the power of volunteers in New Hampshire and go above and beyond in their respective category.
Volunteer Service Awards are presented to individuals in the categories of Youth, Adult, and Group.
All qualifying nominations will be eligible to receive this award.
Program Champion Awards are given to organizations that provide structure and support for volunteer efforts in the categories of Nonprofit, Business, and Education. All qualifying nominations will be eligible to receive this award.
Service Award Categories
Volunteer Service Awards
Youth – Recognizes the dedication of an individual 17 years of age or younger who has contributed to the improvement of the lives of others through volunteerism.
Adult – Recognizes the dedication of an individual age 18 years of age or older who has contributed to the improvement of the lives of others through volunteerism.
Senior – Recognizes the dedication of an individual age 65 years of age or older who has contributed to the improvement of the lives of others through volunteerism.
Group – Recognizes the dedication of 2 or more individuals who have contributed to the improvement of the lives of others through volunteerism.
Program Champion Awards
Business – Recognizes businesses that demonstrate community involvement by: encouraging employee volunteerism, participating in community service events, and/or providing pro-bono assistance.
Non-Profit Organizations – Recognizes non-profit organizations that demonstrate excellent management of volunteers through: recruitment, orientation/training, placement, supervision, and recognition.
Education – Recognizes educational institutions that demonstrate community involvement by encouraging and supporting student volunteerism through service clubs, service-learning and civic engagement initiatives, fundraising, community service and other activities.
Nominations are currently closed