Employer: Volunteer NH
Position: Program Officer Level I
Classification: Full-time Limited (Contingent Upon Funding)
This position is responsible for assisting with the effective implementation, continued improvement, and sustainability of Volunteer NH programming to promote and support volunteer service. This position has a special focus on AmeriCorps recruitment, outreach, and development.
Familiarity with AmeriCorps programming strongly preferred.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: This position works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TIMELINE: This position is expected to be for two years. After which, the position will become contingent upon funding.
About Volunteer NH
Volunteer NH envisions our state as a place where people volunteer together to build strong and connected communities. We bring our vision to life by engaging those communities to solve local challenges through volunteerism. Designated as the State Service Commission for New Hampshire in 2001, we have almost two decades of experience in service. Our AmeriCorps portfolio has a wide variety of programs and is worth over two million dollars in federal funds.
At Volunteer NH, we are committed to being an exemplary and inclusive employer and view our employees as are our greatest asset. We embrace a culture of teamwork were everyone engages in open and honest communication. We strive to create an environment that promotes a common vision and sense of purpose; regular celebration of success; courage and perseverance to take risks; personal integrity; and continuous learning.
- Support Program Officers and Finance & Grants Officer on all National Service (AmeriCorps) program matters as assigned by Executive Director:
- Conduct outreach, broadening partnerships for Volunteer NH throughout the state and supporting volunteer recruitment efforts (including for AmeriCorps-funded programs).
- Serve as an ambassador to build a National Service network and promote civic involvement.
- Assist with the development, support, and monitoring of AmeriCorps-funded programming.
- Support the coordination of bi-Monthly Service Alliance program meetings to direct the continued development and implementation of the State Service Plan; National Service engagement in emergency response, statewide training, and service events for members.
Other activities may include:
- Supporting annual events, including the Governor’s Conference on Volunteerism and the Spirit of NH Awards:
- Supporting volunteer matching initiatives.
- Assisting with other duties, as assigned by the Executive Director, which may include communications and other organizational development activities.
- Familiarity with AmeriCorps programming strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, or a combination of education
and experience with a demonstrated and strong ethic of service
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience with group facilitation
- Excellent computer skills with the interest/ability to learn new software
- Superior organizational, planning, and analytical skills
- Outreach, volunteer recruitment, and development experience desired
- Experience with grants management, budget preparation, and monitoring a
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
Volunteer NH is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps alums are encouraged to apply.
HOURS: This position generally works Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week requiring prompt, regular attendance and occasional participation in evening, early morning, and weekend engagements.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Relationships include Volunteer NH staff and Board of Directors, National Service program staff and members, New Hampshire nonprofits and agencies, AmeriCorps members, and the general public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Possible demands include the ability to lift up to fifty pounds; ability to deal effectively with stressful or emotionally difficult situations; ability to travel statewide or further for required meetings and conferences.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position generally has flexible working hours and the option for a hybrid schedule of remote and in-office workdays. Our office space is located in Concord, NH.
Work is performed in an office setting with word processing and data entry done at a computer terminal. Filing records requires some stooping, bending, and reaching. Occasional assignments that require one to be out of doors in a range of temperatures. Work is of medium demand: standing, sitting, and walking most of the time on duty; talking and hearing essential for conferring with staff, members, and the general public.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential position functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All position requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the duties proficiently. The position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other position-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: Volunteer NH is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
ANNUAL UPDATE REQUIREMENT: To be evaluated at six months and in one year with the employee’s anniversary date.
SALARY RANGE: The salary range is $39,375 – $50,625.
OTHER BENEFITS: Benefits include (but are not limited to): medical insurance, dental insurance, health reimbursement account, basic life and AD&D insurance, long term and short term disability insurance, 403(b) contribution, paid holidays (12), and paid vacation and sick time.
How to Apply
Email a résumé and cover letter to Lesley Rossi: Lesley@VolunteerNH.org