Volunteer NH is seeking project proposals for MLK Day of Service in January 2021.
MLK Day is a day of service that celebrates the Civil Rights leader’s life and legacy. Observed each year on the third Monday in January as “a day on, not a day off,” MLKDay is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service to encourage all Americans to volunteer to improve their communities. AmeriCorps has been charged to lead this effort for the last quarter-century; and as the State Service Commission, Volunteer NH helps to promote and coordinate local service opportunities for AmeriCorps members serving in New Hampshire.
Why should your organization host a service project?
- To tackle a project that requires the effort of several volunteers
- To honor the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. through civic engagement
- Bonus: to connect and learn more about the Amazing AmeriCorps members/projects in New Hampshire!
Do you know that tedious task that you’ve been putting off all year? Consider
turning it into a volunteer activity and get it done!
Service Project examples:
- Hosting a collection drive for food, clothing, etc.
- Bringing meals to homebound community members
- Serving meals at a homeless shelter
- Writing letters to active military personnel serving overseas
- Making cards for individuals in Assisted Care facilities and/or healthcare workers
If you decide to host a food or clothing drive, we suggest collecting items up until the week before MLK Day and arrange to have the items delivered on the day of service.
Volunteering in the time of Covid-19
If you are proposing a volunteer project that will require volunteers to be on-site, please ensure the safety of all parties in preventing the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Maintaining physical distancing of at least 6 feet
- Wearing a mask that covers mouth, nose, and chin
- Obtain PPE and make hand sanitizing stations accessible to all
Submit a Proposal
Please submit a project proposal by December 30th. Questions? Contact Maddie Odell at email@example.com